Never release sensitive information over the phone when receiving an unsolicited call or text.
Sensitive information may include full or partial Social Security number, card PIN number, one-time passcodes, online banking user ID, online banking password, or online banking security questions.
Scammers use this information to reset credentials and take over online banking accounts. If you receive an email or text message confirming a change on your account that you did not make, please contact United Bank's Customer Care department immediately.
We will never request personal information, such as your online banking user ID, security codes, or account information, through unsolicited text messages or calls.
- Customer Care will never initiate a phone call unless we are returning a call from you. Scammers can spoof our phone number to make it look legitimate.
- United Bank does not send text messages from our 800 Customer Care phone number.
- If you respond to a text message, United Bank will never follow up with a return phone call or text message for verification.
- United Bank will never send you a verification link to click on in a text message or email.
- Customer Care will never ask you over the phone or from a text message to provide a One-Time-Security Code, even if you initiated it from our website.
If you are a victim or if you have further questions or concerns, please call United Bank’s Customer Care immediately at 800.327.9862.
DO NOT use the number on the caller ID screen and hit redial.
Test your knowledge with our Scams Quiz.