You are here
Welcome Cardinal Bank Customers
As the largest locally headquartered community bank, United is committed to serving your current and future financial needs by providing you with the very best products, benefits and customer service. At the close of business on April 21, 2017, Cardinal Bank began operating as United Bank.
What you can expect from Cardinal Bank’s merger with United Bank:
- The same level of exceptional personal service you have come to expect
- An expanded number of convenient banking locations and ATMs including over 80 branches throughout Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C.
- A full range of competitive products and services to meet your personal and business banking needs, including expedited bill pay through online banking and new payment capabilities with Android Pay™ and Samsung Pay
- The same great mortgage assistance for home purchases or refinances through George Mason Mortgage, LLC
- The continued level of commitment to our local communities
CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION
Beginning Saturday, April 22, 2017, please contact the United Bank Customer Service Center at 800.327.9862. The United Bank Customer Service Center will extend its hours during the merger to: Saturday, April 22: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and Monday, April 24 through Friday, April 28: 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. For more information, visit our Contact Us page.
To ensure the merger is as seamless as possible, you were mailed a Customer Factbook which lets you know what will happen over merger weekend, including a timeline with key dates and information regarding the availability of services during that weekend.
To view an electronic version of the Customer Factbook, please Click Here.
If you currently use Cardinal Online Banking, your accounts will automatically be converted to United Online Banking, with access beginning Monday, April 24 at 8:00 a.m. While some of the features will be automatically convert from Cardinal Bank to United Bank, you will have to re-establish others within United Online Banking. For more details, please refer to the Merger Timeline and Customer Factbook.
How to Access Free United Online Banking
- Click on the SECURE SIGN-IN button on BankWithUnited.com, then select PERSONAL, CHOOSE YOUR LOCATION (Montgomery Co., MD, Virginia or Washington, D.C.) and click SIGN IN.
- Enter your User ID, which is the same as your Cardinal Online Banking User ID, but in all lower case.
- When prompted, click “Continue” and proceed with a one-time security code or verification questions if a phone is not available.
- Once you have entered the security code or answered the questions, enter your temporary password which is the last 6 digits of your Social Security number.
- The Reset Password screen is presented to change your password.
- eSign Prompt is presented to accept the Terms and Conditions.
If you are not currently using Cardinal Online Banking, you will be able to sign up for United Online Banking beginning Monday, April 24 at 8:00 a.m. by clicking on the ONLINE BANKING SIGNUP button.
Cardinal Mobile Banking will be taken out of service on Friday, April 21 at 4:00 p.m. You will need to enroll or re-enroll in United Mobile Banking by first signing in to United Online Banking and enrolling your mobile device in the Mobile Banking Center. Then, simply visit the Apple App Store or Google Play and search for “United-VA” to find and download our Mobile Banking app. Click Here for more information and links to the app stores.
You may continue to use your Cardinal Bank Visa® CheckCard or ATM Card, as these will be automatically converted to the United Bank system. You will be able to continue to use your Cardinal Bank Visa CheckCard or ATM Card until your card expires. At that time, a United Bank Check Card, featuring EMV chip technology, will be sent to you.
Beginning the Monday, April 24, the standard United Bank limits of $509 for ATM transactions and $2,000 for point-of-sale transactions on personal check cards and limits of $509 for ATM transactions and $2,500 for point-of-sale transactions on business check cards will be in effect. If your account has higher limits established with Cardinal Bank, they will remain unchanged with United Bank. If you wish to lower your limit, please call 800.724.3259.
Card Fraud Monitoring will automatically continue with United Bank, to alert you of suspicious activity. There is no action required on your part. If enrolled in online banking, you can customize your alert preferences after the merger, through United Online Banking by clicking on the “Customer Service” tab.
United Bank offers Apple PayTM, Samsung Pay and Android PayTM with the United Bank Visa® Check Card. If you currently use Apple Pay with your Cardinal CheckCard, this service will continue without interruption. Samsung Pay and Android Pay will be available on your Cardinal CheckCard shortly after the merger.
You will automatically be converted to Business eBanking on Monday, April 24, 2017. Here’s what you’ll need to know to get started. Preview access will be available beginning Monday, April 10, 2017. For more details, please refer to letters sent to your administrator or Click Here.
- User Guides: You’ll also have access to an Administrator’s reference guide to assist you with adding, modifying and deleting users and their access to your company’s accounts along with several other helpful quick reference guides for commonly used features which may be found Here.
- New URL: The link you use to login will change. To access Business eBanking click the SECURE SIGN-IN button on BankWithUnited.com, then select COMMERCIAL and click SIGN IN.
- User ID and Temporary Password for First Login: Your current username (referred to as User ID by United Bank) will remain the same. Your temporary password for your first login will be “United1” plus the first three letters of your User ID. A seven-digit Company ID number, which is also required at login, will be mailed to Administrators.
Cardinal Deposit on Demand (DOD) will become United Bank Remote Deposit Capture on April 24. DOD users may continue to use the same scanning equipment with the same log in information they currently use. To access Remote Deposit, please bookmark (or favorite) the following URL and use it to log-in beginning Monday, April 24 at 8:00 a.m.: https://xpress.epaysol.com/ct/?bid=118099098.
The look and feel of the system will be the same, only using United’s colors and branding. United Bank will be converting Cardinal Deposit on Demand (DOD) Customers to an improved Remote Deposit Service at a later date. You will be receiving a separate mailing containing more information. If you have any questions, please contact United Bank Treasury Management Operations at 800.615.0112.
Telebanc, the United Bank telephone banking system, will be available to you on Monday, April 24, at 8:00 a.m. With Telebanc you may establish your telephone banking access, obtain account balance information, activate your ATM card or Visa® Check Card and transfer funds between accounts.
- You will need to activate your United Telebanc telephone banking account by dialing 800.275.6258.
- The first time you call you will need to enter the last four digits of the primary account holder’s Social Security number as your PIN number.
- On subsequent calls, you will enter your account number rather than your Social Security number to access your information.
- You will be prompted to choose a new PIN. Joint account holders will need to share the same PIN for access to Telebanc.
- Printed Telebanc cards are available at your local office, or Click Here for a printable copy of the menu options.
- On Monday, April 24, account transaction activity will be available for any transactions posted after April 21.
As Cardinal Bank completes its system conversion to United Bank, you will need to modify your Quicken and QuickBooks settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data. Please use the buttons below to select the appropriate conversion guide and follow the steps to transition your data.
United Bank is pleased to continue to offer FinanceWorks to you as a tool to help you manage your finances. You will be able to access FinanceWorks within United Online Banking on Monday, April 24; however, you will need to re-establish your accounts and settings.
Please be advised that after Friday, April 21 at 4:00 p.m., Cardinal Online Banking will no longer be available and FinanceWorks will no longer be accessible. On this date, your FinanceWorks transaction history will also be removed from the application servers, however you can preserve this information by saving and exporting your data ahead of time. Click on the link below for instructions on saving your history.
If you were previously a Cardinal Bank credit card holder, you should have received a letter detailing your new credit card with United Bank and a replacement card prior to June 5, 2017. Please call the number affixed to your card to activate your account immediately. Your Cardinal Bank credit card was deactivated on June 5, 2017. If you did not receive a replacement card please call 800.242.7600.
How to Set Up Your Credit Card Online Banking:
- Click on the ONLINE BANKING SIGNUP button on BankWithUnited.com
- Select CREDIT CARD
- Follow the prompts to enter your credit card account number, create your security information and create you User ID and Password