- United Bank and its third-party service providers are referred to as we, us, and our throughout this document and other documents related to this service.
- The individual that is using the service is referred to as you and your.
- Your or an individual which you allow access to use the service or your source account is considered to be an Authorized User.
- Payments that that are scheduled by you to occur on dates and in the amount designated by you is a Recurring Payment.
- The loan account you have directly with United is an Account.
- The account or credit card account from which payments and fees (if applicable) will be debited is your Designated Account.
- A Business Day is defined as Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Reserve holidays.
- The current or future calendar day you elect your source account to be debited for United to receive the payment is the Payment Date. If the calendar day you elect falls on a non-business day or after the daily cutoff time of 6:00 PM ET (Eastern Time Zone), the Payment Date will default to the following Business Day.
Authentication and Authorization for Service Usage
This Service incorporates commercially reasonable methods to authenticate the information that your have supplied for making a payment through this Service. You will not be able to submit a payment until the Service authenticates you and you will not be allowed to use the Service to pay your Account payment until you have read these Terms and Conditions and have acknowledged doing so by clicking the “I Accept” button on the bottom of this page.
By accepting this Service you agree that you are an Authorized User of the Designated Account used for this Service and that you agree to follow account and card guidelines for all Designated Account. It shall be your responsibility to ensure there are sufficient funds available in your Designated Account to cover the amount you have authorized for payment. If you do not have sufficient funds, your payment will not be processed and you will be responsible for any fees associated with your Designated Account. You will also be liable for the amount that remains unpaid and any applicable penalties, late fees and interest charges assessed thereon.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you authorize us to follow your payment instructions to initiate a charge to your Designated Account. Upon receipt of your payment instructions, you authorize us to debit or charge your Designated Account for the amount of any payment plus any related fees in effect at the time you initiate the payment instructions. You will also be required to reauthorize us to charge your Designated Account.
Payment may also be scheduled for a certain date or you have the option of selecting recurring payments. At the time you schedule your payment option, you will receive a reminder email the payment is going to be process on the date you selected and a payment confirmation email the payments has been sent. If selecting recurring payments, we will debit the amount designated by you on the date or future dates you selected. It is your responsibility to ensure the information regarding your payment and your Designation Account is accurate to ensure your payment us processed properly. It will be your responsible to any payment processing errors or fees incurred if you fail to provide accurate information.
You have the right to terminate this service at any time. It may take up to five (5) business days to process your termination request.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you represent and warrant that:
- i. You have reached the age of majority (18 years old or older) to enter into a legal binding contract;
- ii. You are using your actual identify and any information you provide is accurate and complete;
- iii. You are legally authorized to make payment using your Designated Account;
- v. Your use of the Service will not violate any local, state, national or international laws or regulations.
United Payment Service
By providing United with the account information for your Account, you authorize us to follow the payment instructions we receive from you through the Service.
When you use this Service to send us a payment instruction, you authorize us to initiate a message to your bank or credit card provider to charge you Designated Account and to send those funds to us for payment on your loan account so that we receive the funds as close as reasonably possible from the date indicated by you in the payment instruction. If your payment is received after the due date, regardless of any cause except for our failure to reasonable process your explicit payment instruction, you will remain responsible for any late charges and any interest assessed the same as if you mailed your payment to use and we received it after the due date. This includes your inability to access the system due to problems with the Internet, or our servers being temporarily unavailable. Therefore, we recommend that you instruct the Service to initiate each payment to us at leave five (5) business days before the actual due date. (Please see our definition of a business day above.) We will also process any payment received after our cutoff time for each business day as if it was received on the following business day.
It is the day we receive payment from you, and not the day we receive your instructions, that determines whether your payment was timely received.
You authorize us to credit your Account if any payments are returned. All reasonable efforts will be made to complete your payment properly and according to your payment instructions. However, we are not liable if the Service is unable to complete any payments initiated if any of the following is applicable:
- Your Designate Account does not have sufficient funds to cover the transaction or is closed.
- The instructions for payment does not include the correct information for your Designated Account.
- Failure by you to follow our instructions for the use of the service.
- Your equipment, software or any communications link is not working properly.
- If using a debit card to make the payment, the card is expired or otherwise unusable.
- Our payment processing system is not working property and you know or have been made aware of the malfunction before you execute the transaction.
- Circumstance occur that are outside of our control (such as, but not limited to: fire, flood, or interference from an outside source) that prevent the proper execution of the transaction.
Termination or Discontinuation
We reserve the right to terminate the Service at any time, or to terminate your use of the Service. If we terminate your use of the Service, you will need to pay your loan payment by either continuing to mail or making your payment at one of our locations using your coupons or statements provided by us. If mailing, please send to:
Loan Processing Center
PO Box 2373
Charleston, WV 25328
Alterations and Amendments
These Terms and Conditions are the legal binding agreement between United and you with respect to the Service. You will be agreeing to the current provisions of these Terms and Conditions each time you make a payment using the Service. These Terms and Conditions may have been altered or amended from the last time you used the Service so be sure to read it each time before you make a payment to be certain you still agree with its provisions. Your use of the Service after any changes to these Terms and Conditions will constitute your agreement to such change(s).
If there is a dispute regarding the Service, you agree to resolve the dispute in accordance with the dispute resolution procedures and governing law as outlined in your Credit Agreement.
These Terms and Conditions are the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement regarding the Services between you and United. It supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between you and United relating to the Service. If there is a conflict between what a United employee tells you and the terms of this document, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
You should print and retain this document for safekeeping and reference at any time during usage of the Service.