Click Here to view the Conversion Factbook.
Scroll below to read important information on the following topics: Business eBanking | Remote Deposit & Other Business Services | Personal Online Banking | Quicken Conversion Guides | Mobile Banking | Telephone Banking | Debit/Check Cards | Office Closings | Contact Information
You will automatically be converted to Business eBanking on Monday, June 6, 2016. Here’s what you’ll need to know to get started. Preview access will be available beginning May 23, 2016. Letters will be mailed to your Administrator. If you need more information, please visit https://www.bankwithunited.com/BoG-QRG.
- Preview Period: Business eBanking will be available for login starting on May 23, 2016, at which time you will be able to define user parameters. The period between May 23 and June 3 will not contain account balances and transaction history, but will enable you to preview the system and make changes to user parameters and funds transfer templates. During this time, it is critical to confirm the phone numbers (text/voice) of all users are accurate. Upon each user's first log in, United Bank will send a one-time Out-of-Band Authentication to the phone number on record. If that information is not provided, or is inaccurate, the user will be unable to sign into Business eBanking.
- User Guides: You’ll also have access to an Administrator’s reference guide to assist you with adding, modifying and deleting users and their access to your company’s accounts along with several other helpful quick reference guides for commonly used features which may be found at www.BankWithUnited.com/BeB_QRG.html.
- New URL: The link you use to login will change, so you will need to access Online Banking from our homepage (www.BankWithUnited.com). Choose the location where you bank, then select the “Commercial” tab from the “Log In” page under Online Banking.
- User ID and Temporary Password for First Login: Your current username (referred to as User ID by United Bank) will remain the same. Your temporary password for your first login will be “United1” plus the first three letters of your User ID. A seven-digit Company ID number, which is also required at login, will be mailed to Administrators in mid-May.
Remote Deposit & Other Business Services
Remote Deposit will become United Bank Remote Deposit Capture on June 6. You may continue to use the same scanning equipment with the same log in information you use now. Please note that Remote Deposit Single Sign On is not available through Business eBanking. To access Remote Deposit, please bookmark (or favorite) the following URL and use it to log-in beginning June 6, 2016: https://edeposit.opencheckarchive.com
The look and feel of the system will be the same, only using United’s colors and branding. United Bank will be converting Bank of Georgetown Remote Deposit Customers to an improved Remote Deposit Service at a later date. You will be receiving a separate mailing within a few days containing more information. If you have any questions, please contact United Bank Treasury Management Operations at 800.615.0112.
Your merchant processing and third-party payroll processing will not change.
All sweep account relationships, including repurchase accounts and zero balance accounts (ZBAs), will remain the same with no changes in fees for these services.
Personal Online Banking
- Bank of Georgetown Online Banking and Bill Pay will be available until 4:00 p.m. on Friday, June 3. At this time, it will be permanently deactivated and unavailable for access.
- Requests for transferring funds between accounts should be submitted for processing prior to Friday, June 3, at 4:00 p.m.
- Any future dated payments will automatically transfer from your Bank of Georgetown Online Banking account to your United Online Banking account.
- United’s Online Banking system will be available to you beginning Monday, June 6, at 8:00 a.m.
- Any bill payees set-up with Bank of Georgetown will automatically appear in your new United Online Banking profile.
- On Monday, June 6, account balances and transaction activity will be available. The running balance will be unavailable on Monday, June 6, but will be available on Tuesday, June 7. Click here to see an example.
- If you have a scheduled transfer set for Saturday or Sunday, June 4-5, it will take place on Monday, June 6, and post to your account that evening. You will see it in your activity on Tuesday, June 7. You will not be subject to any overdraft fees that may occur as a result of this.
- Your Bank of Georgetown Online Banking history for April, May and June 1-3, will convert over to your new United Bank Online Banking. If you will need prior months’ history, you should print it from your Bank of Georgetown Online Banking prior to June 3.
How To Access Personal Online Banking
- Visit the United Bank website at: www.BankWithUnited.com.
- Click on the Online Banking drop down arrow and select either Montgomery Co. MD, Virginia, or Washington D.C.
- Select Personal Account, then Log In.
- Enter your User ID, which is the same as your Bank of Georgetown Online Banking User ID, only in all lower case.
- When prompted, click “Continue” and proceed with a one-time security code or verification questions if a phone is not available.
- Once you have entered the security code or answered the questions, enter your temporary password which is the last 6 digits of your Social Security number.
- The Reset Password screen is presented to change your password.
- eSign Prompt is presented to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- You will be routed to the Financial Center Dashboard. There you will see the same account and bill pay information as you did with Bank of Georgetown.
Quicken Conversion Guides
Bank of Georgetown Mobile Banking will be taken out of service on Friday, June 3 at 4:00 p.m. If you are interested in United Bank Mobile Banking or have Bank of Georgetown Mobile Banking, you will need to enroll or re-enroll by first signing in to United Bank Online Banking. Once signed in to United Bank Online Banking, enroll your mobile device in the Mobile Banking Center. Then, simply visit the Apple App Store or Google Play and search for “United-VA” to find and download our Mobile Banking app. United offers text, mobile web, smart phone (iPhone & Android) and iPad apps to access your accounts. Mobile web is available for Blackberry and Windows phones. Click Here for more information.
You will continue to have access to Bank of Georgetown Telebanking until June 3, at 8:00 p.m. Telebanc, the United Bank telephone banking system, will be available to you on Monday, June 6, at 8:00 a.m. With Telebanc you may establish your telephone banking access, obtain account balance information, activate your ATM card or Visa® Check Card and transfer funds between accounts.
- You will need to activate your United Telebanc telephone banking account by dialing 800.275.6258.
- The first time you call you will need to enter the last four digits of the primary account holder’s Social Security number as your PIN number.
- On subsequent calls, you will enter your account number rather than your Social Security number to access your information.
- You will be prompted to choose a new PIN. Joint account holders will need to share the same PIN for access to Telebanc.
- Printed Telebanc cards are available at your local office, or click here for a printable copy of the menu options.
- On Monday, June 6, account transaction activity will be available for any transactions posted after June 3.
VISA® Check Cards/Debit Cards (Personal & Business)
By May 25th, you will receive a new United Bank Check Card (Debit Card), featuring EMV technology, in the mail. These cards can be activated immediately by following the instructions on the mailer, but cannot be used until June 2 at 6:00 a.m. You will receive a separate mailer that contains your system-generated PIN number for this card. If you would like to change this PIN number, you may do so by visiting your local United Bank office on or after June 6th. You can also change your PIN by calling our Telebanc System at 800-275-6258 and selecting option 5, then pressing option 3. Please note that in order to change your PIN number, you must know your current PIN number.
On Thursday, June 2 at 6:00 a.m., the new United Bank Check Cards will be turned on and available for you to use. Please begin using the United Bank card and destroy your old Bank of Georgetown Debit Card immediately. At 10:00 a.m., all Bank of Georgetown Debit Cards will be deactivated and no longer able to be used. If you have any issues regarding your United Bank Check Card, please contact the United Bank Check Card Department at 800.724.3259.
Important: The fee schedule that was included with your United Bank Check Card is the version that is used for all new United Bank accounts. Existing Bank of Georgetown accounts that are transitioning to United Bank accounts will NOT be charged the $0.50 PIN fee or the $2.00 cash back fee.
On Friday, June 3 at 2:00 p.m., the following Bank of Georgetown branches will close and be consolidated into United Bank offices:
Bank of Georgetown Arlington Branch: 2300 Wilson Blvd., Suite 100 | Arlington, VA 22201
- Consolidating into United Bank Clarendon Office located at 2930 Wilson Blvd. | Arlington, VA 22201
Bank of Georgetown Bethesda Branch: 7625 Wisconsin Avenue | Bethesda, MD 20814
- Consolidating into United Bank Bethesda Office located at 7845 Wisconsin Avenue | Bethesda, MD 20814
Bank of Georgetown Connecticut Ave Branch: 1101 Connecticut Avenue, NW | Washington, DC 20036
- Consolidating into United Bank K Street Office located at 1667 K Street, NW | Washington, DC 20006
Bank of Georgetown McLean Branch: 1420-A Chain Bridge Road | McLean, VA 22101
- Consolidating into United Bank McLean Office located at 1320 Old Chain Bridge Road | McLean, VA 22101
Bank of Georgetown Penn Quarter Branch: 822 E Street, NW | Washington, DC 20004
- Consolidating into United Bank G Street Office located at 1001 G Street, NW | Washington, DC 20001
Click Here for a complete list of United Bank offices and ATMs.